Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Rookie Moves.

I have plenty of social events these days to coax myself out of the Princess of Darkness and Anger phase I have been firmly ensconced in since May 25. One of these events was a little birthday soiree for Offspring #2. Said soiree took place at the Gwen Stefani concert. Me, Offspring #2 and three other girls, aged 10, 11 and 12. Good times.

This is a Public Service Announcement from The Blonde Blogger:

Here are some tips for you so that you do not make the same rookie moves I did when taking a Gaggle of Giggling Girls to a concert or basically any event wherein you are the only adult.

1. Caffeine is very, very bad for young girls. Worse for the tragically uninformed parental figure who is subsequently stuck with them in the car for extended periods of time.

2. Ditto for sugar. See #1.

3. Being outnumbered is SUICIDAL. Total rookie move. Have no idea what I was thinking. Don't do it. Just don't. You are not smarter; nor are you quicker, more agile or more anything. You will crash and burn and your mother will cry when she sees what they've done to you.

4. Being outnumbered by psychotic, over-caffeinated pre-teens screaming, "THIS SHIT IS BANANAS" is also very expensive.....especially when they sell Gwen Stefani dolls at the concert.

No more sneaking wine coolers into concerts for me......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was above and beyond the call of duty - you are truly the best wife in the history of the planet.

Mr. BB

Anonymous said...

Mr BB is excellent for recognizing how wonderful you truly are! I know you had fun too and were dancing right along with the girls!

I have to say that you and my daughter #1 are getting paid back for all of the things you did to your parents. Daughter #2 will experience it when she has offspring too. Sorry to say I told you so...but my mom says the same thing to me!