Tuesday, January 15, 2008

I Should Run For Office.

Dear Everyone in the Frickin' Universe,

If you are waiting for an elevator, when it arrives, kindly step away from the doors AND WAIT TILL THE PEOPLE ON SAID ELEVATOR GET THE FUCK OUT BEFORE YOU TRY AND GET IN!!!

I cannot even tell you how blatantly bitchy I have been when this happens to me. I stop, wait, let the people get on, sigh dramatically, press the "door open" button and hold everyone's shit up until I can walk out of the elevator without having to fight my way through the crowd like Britney going to Starbucks.

This is my number one pet peeve in the entire universe. Perfect Husband cringes every time this happens when we are together because he knows I am about to make a scene and possibly expose him, as well as myself, to physical assault.

Parents, forget about "please" and "thank you" and remembering to place a napkin on your lap. Teach your peeps the proper elevator etiquette. It just might save their life. Plus, that will be one less person for me to talk shit about.

Love,

Blonde Blogger

4 comments:

Emily said...

Add another item to the spooky similarities between us. I have the same pet peeve with elevators and the like and have said many a rude thing when people pull the same crap with Caltrain. I once experienced a man push past me and a pregnant lady only to practically knock over some old man who was getting off of the train. I asked him what his problem was and no one around me had my back. What the hell has this country come to??!!

My husband, too, cringes when this kind of situation presents itself because I, too, am apt to make a scene. Especially when someone ignores a line or pushes up against me while I'm in line - two other major pet peeves of mine.

Anonymous said...

You're more than entitled to make a scene, BB, in light of my legendary patience with traffic, lines, and pretty much any other stage upon which the incompetence and rudeness of the general public plays itself out.

Mr. BB

Blonde Blogger said...

Last Call - can you imagine if, once we pass the damn bar exam, we opened up our own law firm!?!??! The world would never be the same...;-)

Midwesterner (Previously) in D.C. said...

I wish I could do this on the Metro here in D.C. Of course, there is no "open door" button on the trains and you can't easily stop the doors from closing...