Thursday, January 17, 2008

Don't Cha Wish Your Husband Was Hot Like Mine?

So, in a stunning display of memory retention, focus and consideration, Perfect Husband gifted me with several items that I really, really wanted for Christmas. The first is this really warm and fuzzy blanket that I wanted for our bed from Target. This was especially considerate seeing as how we now have 4 blankets on the bed, in addition to the sheet and the comforter. I am constantly cold and cannot stand to be cold at night, and apparently my husband just deals with it, like the trooper he is.

But the really fun and special gift was dance lessons at a really cute little dance studio near our house. Last night was the first lesson and we decided to learn East Coast Swing. This is the really easy, Playskool version of swing; it’s not like he is gonna be throwing me all around; after all, I am not trying to paralyze the man.

Our instructor was a really nice lady who had clearly been a dance instructor forever. She knew just what to say and how to describe what you need to do. She had a cute outfit on with cute dance shoes. I, myself, was looking pretty fly with a new outfit, my shiny new Mary Janes, and curly hair with a flower behind my ear (in the event we chose a Latin dance.) Perfect Husband was hot in his snappy little outfit as well.

However, while Perfect Husband was congenial and friendly to the instructor, for most of the lesson he looked like Dead Man Walking. He was so serious and so determined to do well, he was either looking at his feet or at the ceiling, in an effort to go down the list of steps and hand movements he had made in his head. I kept smiling at him and laughing just so he would know that we were here to have fun and learn something together and that there would be no test at the end of the evening. I think I saw smoke wafting from his ears, he was concentrating so hard. And believe you me, this is all brought on himself. Its not like I am some control freak that’s gonna go all bunny-boiler on him if he messes up and causes Bruno and Carrie Ann to give us 5’s. It’s all good. I am only a control freak about my own shit. I felt bad for him and was trying to let him know how well he was doing. Until he says:

“You know, the music is really distracting; it is much easier to dance without the music.”

Interesting theory, Chief, seeing as how most of us usually like to dance WHEN THERE IS MUSIC PLAYING.

I think I’m gonna get him drunk next time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

BB, you are too lucky. I do agree that next time you need to get Perfect Husband to relax though. I can appreciate what he is going through as I would be the same way. At least he is more than willing to try and hopefully he will realize that dancing is fun! I have never been able to say that however as I have two left feet!

RaisedFromAshes said...

LOL. That is absolutely hilarious. Dancing w/o music? I thought that was reserved for people with schizophrenia. Your hubby sounds like he is totally sweet and wonderful. Lucky woman! At least there are two of us in the world!