Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Drink. Curse. Hate.

This is the title of the much-awaited sequel to the best seller Eat, Pray, Love. Frankly, I think this little gem is one of my best. Just kidding, I don't know how much of a market there is for daily diatribes chronicling my self-hatred and loathing, courtesy of the California State Bar Examiners.

So, while I could go on and on about the plethora of good “bad” TV that is kickin’ off the new year, I am just going to give you a short list of what I am sure will be the highlights of my 2008:

2008: The Year of the Blonde Blogger!

I am going to pass the February bar exam.

I am going to be promoted to in-house counsel for my current company and totally rock a corner office and free blackberry.

I am going to lose the last of the weight I am carrying around from my first fucking bar exam.

I am going to take my Perfect Husband on the most decadent vacation EVER, to thank him for enduring what is surely a surly suckfest, starring Yours Truly, for the last two years.

I am going to start living the life I deserve.

Happy New Year’s to everyone…..let the games begin!!

12 comments:

RaisedFromAshes said...

Hooray, BB! How do you manage working full time and studying? I feel like both are suffering. Something has to give: sleep (preferably not, especially with a history of insomnia and a recent bipolar diagnosis); working out (no, thanks, that's the ONLY way to maintain some semblance of sanity); studying (how many hours a night do I really need, and what exactly should I be doing?); or work (I like my job, and though there is an associate position waiting for me when I pass the bar, I am not sure I want to keep doing the commute up to Greeley from where I live. 33 miles sucks, especially in winter). Ugh. How do you balance, my friend?

We'll get there, to the esq after our names!

Anonymous said...

Thanks goodness you blogged again. I really miss it when you don't. I know that you will accomplish all of your goals for 2008 and live the life you deserve. Look how much you have already accomplished (more that most people!!!). Keep at it!

Anonymous said...

Gostei muito desse post e seu blog é muito interessante, vou passar por aqui sempre =) Depois dá uma passada lá no meu site, que é sobre o CresceNet, espero que goste. O endereço dele é http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . Um abraço.

calbar blondie said...

BB, Please share with us how you are preparing for this "suckfest" as you so aptly call it! Good to see you posting again!!
Happy New Year,
CBB

Anonymous said...

Blonde Blogger! I'm glad to see that you're posting again! So what TV shows are you going to watch this spring? I Tivoed a few new shows that look interesting such as Celebrity Apprentice and Miss America: Reality Check. I've already watched most or all the episodes of "Keeping Up with the Kardashians".

abbagirl said...

this is your year!! i know you'll make it all happen! best of luck!!

Anonymous said...

You can do it!

The Grand Poobah said...

Hey! Welcome back!

Kindred spirits all, we are! May your graders all be happy, satisfied and drunk when they get to your answers!

The Grand Poobah said...

Mine too, for that matter!

(;-)>

Anonymous said...

Welcome back to the hottest blogger on the internet!!

Emily said...

Portuguese comment? Wow.

So happy your back! Now, imagine yourself sporting the most fantastical Heather-do and rock out 80s style with me to Pat Benetar's Invincible. Look up the lyrics, it's totally an anthem possibility.

I'm a Marilyn not a Jackie said...

I totally agree with your New Year's goals. I KNOW what you're going through and wish only the best for us both.