Friday, May 18, 2007

I Am Glad He's Dead.

I should never run for office and here's why: I am a bad liar. And I think the world could use a little more honesty.

Jerry Falwell passed way the other day and the media everywhere has been "celebrating the life" and "remembering" and "looking back" on his life and his alleged "contribution" to society. Consider the following excerpt from http:www.thenation.com/doc/20070528/blumenthal:

"As with his positions on abortion and homosexuality, the basso profondo preacher's own words on race stand as vivid documents of his legacy. Falwell launched on the warpath against civil rights four years after the Supreme Court's Brown v. Board of Education decision to desegregate public schools with a sermon titled "Segregation or Integration: Which?"

If Chief Justice Warren and his associates had known God's word and had desired to do the Lord's will, I am quite confident that the 1954 decision would never have been made," Falwell boomed from above his congregation in Lynchburg. "The facilities should be separate. When God has drawn a line of distinction, we should not attempt to cross that line."

Falwell's jeremiad continued: "The true Negro does not want integration.... He realizes his potential is far better among his own race." Falwell went on to announce that integration "will destroy our race eventually. In one northern city," he warned, "a pastor friend of mine tells me that a couple of opposite race live next door to his church as man and wife.""

Everyone wants to be politically correct and discuss his "contributions" and "celebrate" his life? Are you kidding me with this?

Here is the press release I would issue from Barred for Life:

Jerry Falwell was a dick and he will not be missed. That's one more ignorant, hateful miscreant off the face of this earth. Hopefully, his death will be akin to cutting the head off the snake; his legion of hate peddlers will slowly dissipate and die.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's sad is that is that politicians like John McCain now feel that they have to praise him in order to appease the Republican base. McCain called him an "agent of intolerance" in 2000, but now salutes him because he does not want to get burned like he did then. Pathetic and sad.

Anonymous said...

I saw somewhere an ad for a t-shirt with Falwell in a coffin and the caption "Dick in a Box". As a fellow blonde paralegal turned J.D. who is waiting for her second round of bar results in the SF Bay Area, I figured you'd appreciate the t-shirt as much as I :)

BTW, thanks for your blog. I've enjoyed it the last couple of painful months and find it uncanny how much we seem to have in common. Reading some of your posts, I even had to seriously consider if I might have multiple personality disorder and had written the blog myself.

E