Sunday, March 4, 2007

And.....I'm Back!

Thank God it's over! I have never been so relieved in my life. I have to say, with some degree of certainty, that I am never taking that test again. I am too old, and it will be too hard on my psyche to be an unemployed student again. Speaking of unemployed......

I had a job interview on Friday morning AFTER THE BAR, at 9:45 a.m. I am proud to say that I showed up in a suit looking all bright and shiny, ready to go. It went very well, I thought. I then headed out of town with my perfect husband and enjoyed the beautiful weather. Later that day, I got a message letting me know that my interview had, in fact, gone well, and that they are "putting together an offer." Given the negative downward spiral I was stuck in for the last two weeks, those are some of the sweetest words I have ever heard. Yippee!!

So, I am back, and I have so much to talk about! However, bar takers, I will not be discussing the substantive content of the bar exam here. There are plenty of sites that have excruciating post-mortems designed to defile and discourage you. This is not one of them. The bar exam sucked hard and its over.

Now I can get down to talking about the stuff I really want to talk about! Shoes, movies, ridiculous professional athletes, and of course, the antics of Britney, Lindsay, et al.

Bar Exam Review Class: $3,500.00
Dollars Spent at Starbucks Studying for the Bar: $117.62
Losing 15 lbs. while Studying for the Bar: PRICELESS

4 comments:

Blawgin' said...

CONGRATS!!! I still can't get used to it all...now that it's over, I get up super early! Before, I had to drag my ass out of bed at 10:00am. Figures. =)

It's WONDERFUL to be able to hang out with family and friends and not have studying hanging my head like some kind of terminal disease!

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you, my friend! I can't to hang out and relax with you. I'm so very proud of you!!!

Truthful said...

WOOOO HOOO!!! You studette! I can't wait to hear all about it.

I am so happy for you!! What relief!

Can't wait to see you!!

Andrea :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulatons on finishing the exam and an even bigger congrats on the new employment. You are awesome and I am very proud of you as is everyone else!