Sunday, February 18, 2007

Legally Blonde The Musical!






I went to see Legally Blonde The Musical today in San Francisco and I have to say, it was the BEST study break in the world!!

It was hysterical and fast paced and really a lot of fun. The performers had beautiful voices and there were several really great song and dance numbers. I was wondering how they were going to pull this off, how was this going to translate to a play? Well, no one took themselves too seriously, they looked like they were having a great time, and the funny updated pop culture references made it seem new and fresh. And the costumes were great; bright pink dresses and sparkly heels, Juicy Couture Sweats, and Ugg boots.

Even the men loved it! The crowd was pretty diverse, men of all ages, and of course, a lot of young girls. I think I was the only adult that bought a t-shirt! I wanted to get the CD, but it won't be released until they open the play on Broadway in April, so I guess I will have to wait. There was considerable laughter from the audience and Laura Bell Bundy, who played Elle Woods, received a standing ovation.

Of course, the story is the same with a little more emphasis on the Emmett/Elle romance. Warner is still an ass, Vivian and Elle become fast friends, Callahan is a pig and Emmett is the hero. It almost made me want to be a lawyer again...

3 comments:

Blawgin' said...

OMG! I'm so jealous! I love love love that movie. I read your post and ran out to tell my husband that we must go to SF and watch it immediately. I had no idea that there was a musical about it! I like to watch that part where Elle leaves the "costume" party and gets all determined to show everyone how valuable she can be and turns into a studying machine, complete with motivational music and all...it's like that part in Pretty Woman where Richard Gere says to Julia Roberts, "They were mean to you?" and then takes her shopping, then she gets all glamorous and tells those mean shopkeepers to shove it. But I digress.

I'm so glad you got to go and watch it. I can't wait!

Anonymous said...

LOVED IT! I'm so glad we were able to see it together!

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a great time...I'm olny jealous that I was not with you guys!